Careers at TBS
Why is TBS Shipping Services / Roymar Ship Management a great place to work?
- - Dynamic people
- - Team-oriented environment
- - Convenient location
- - Excellent benefits
- - Competitive salaries
- - Opportunity for advancement
At TBS, we believe our talented employees are our greatest asset, and provide ongoing opportunities for professional growth.
Learn more about our company and our commitment to offer comprehensive worldwide shipping solutions, by visiting our About Us page.
Scarsdale, New York, USA
We currently have an opening for an Operations Manager in our NY office. This position will be responsible for providing proper and timely conveyance of voyage instructions, including pertinent details from the fixture recap/charter party and other information applicable for a particular voyage in line with company policies and practices. The position also will liaise and partner with our chartering department and our ship management company in providing support. Fleet operations include both owned tonnage and time chartered multi-purpose tweendeckers and bulk carriers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and ensure compliance with voyage orders for safe and efficient voyages
- Minimize voyage operating costs against voyage estimates
- Work with Port Captain and Supervisors to optimize/maximize lifting capability of ships
- Maintain our high service level to customers by remaining diligent to details while working with our Agency Network, brokers, agents and stevedores
- Plan, monitor and co-ordinate bunker deliveries to the vessels in a cost effective manner
- Ensure Port Logs and SOFs are properly prepared and maintained
- Appoint agents and approve port disbursements and third party invoices
- Create and distribute hire invoices and monitor payments
- Check laytime calculations
- Maritime University Graduate
- Recognized Master or Chief Officer License preferred
- 3 to 5 years office experience in commercial marine dry cargo voyage operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of shipping industry practices and vessel operations
- Strong communication, analytical and computer skills required
- Must be eligible to work in the USA